Do you have what it takes to become part of the DRB family? We’re hiring skilled machinists to help us deliver our growing order book. If you’re a time-served engineering apprentice with on-the-job and classroom experience, we want to hear from you.
You’re a time-served engineering apprentice with on-the-job and classroom experience.
You take pride in your work and want to progress your career by learning from others.
You’re detail orientated but understand the wider contribution you’ll be making to our customer’s projects.
You’re fiercely loyal and not afraid to question the norm so that as a family, we continue to improve our services for our customers.
You’ll be excited to show us the kind of work you’ve done.
About the role
As a skilled machinist, you’ll follow engineering drawings or sample parts, and accurately translate them into physical components.
We follow daily plans and regular communication with the team is essential, in case things change.
As a key member of our machining and manufacturing team, we’ll reward you with training and career progression.
- Adhere to all health and safety practices
- Ability to machine components accurately from engineering drawings and customer samples
- Use turning, milling, slotting and boring equipment to machine components
- Use Vernier Callipers and Micrometres, screw gauges and other measuring equipment
- Basic fitting duties to strip out internal and external bearings, couplings, etc.
- Lift weight of up to 20kg from floor to bench level
- Manoeuvre equipment greater than 20kg with appropriate lifting equipment
- Confident working with motors, gearboxes, pumps or other rotating equipment
If you’ve got what it take to become part of the DRB family, contact Josh Jenkins.