Connor McAulay was presented with Apprentice of the Year; an award that recognises an apprentice’s outstanding progress and commitment to their personal development.
Connor said, “DRB has helped me to become a successful apprentice. I have the opportunity to visit various client sites, completing a range of fitting jobs ranging from hydraulic modules all the way to a gearbox assembly. This has resulted in good feedback from the customers who, on many occasions, have specifically asked for me to return to their site.”
The second award win was for Flintshire’s Most Socially Responsible Business. This award recognises organisations that develop and encourage a culture of Corporate Social Responsibility throughout their operation and demonstrate genuine commitment to widespread staff engagement.
Matt Bennett collected the award. He said, “Being a responsible business is hugely important. We invest heavily in our apprentices. Around 15% of our workforce is made up of people that are on or have been through our apprentice scheme. Our staff are actively encouraged to propose initiatives, and we offer staff flexible working to accommodate a healthy work/life balance. We are a Real Living Wage employer because, above all else, family comes first.”
Congratulations to all the winners on the night:
- Apprenticeship Award – Connor McAulay, DRB Group
- Best Business over 10 employees – Wagtail UK
- Best Business to Work for – Pro-Networks
- Best Business under 10 employees – Clwyd Brickwork
- Best Social Enterprise Award – Cambrian Aquatics Sports Centre
- Entrepreneur Award – Jane Bellis Art & Soul
- Most Socially Responsible Business – DRB Group
- Innovation, Technology, Enterprise – Salvtech
- Business Person of the Year – Paul Crudge, Pro-Networks