West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce has awarded DRB Group with their coveted Business of the Year Award at their annual Recognition Awards.
The award was announced by Ellis & Co Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers:
“This is a company with a 120 strong team, and is a well known name in North Wales and the North West. The company has heavily invested in their apprenticeship scheme and take on at least two new engineering apprentices every year. This year, approximately 15% of their workforce is made up of apprentices or people that have made their way through the scheme. With employees who have a variety of in-house skills, mixed with their technical intelligence and piratical experience, this company have undertaken a range of complex and unique projects over the past few years.
Offering bespoke solutions and expert knowledge in their field, they deliver a truly valuable and first class service. They are actively assisting the Welsh government and providing input to the Northern Powerhouse committee, pushing for Wales to be prominent in the decision making process. They continue to invest in their people and strive to offer the highest level of service to their customers.”
Matt Bennett, CEO said, “This award means the world to the DRB family. It’s testament to the hard work, dedication, and passion that every single one of the team brings to work every day. ”
Congratulations to all the winners on the night:
- Lomani Luxury Travel Award for Customer Excellence – Cimteq
- Start-up Business of the Year Award – Zodeq
- Young Person/Apprentice of the Year Award – Ross Thedens, RA & CE Platt
- Export & International Trade Award – Recycling UK
- Business Growth Award – RA & CE Platt
- Made a Difference Award – Edge Transport
- Members Choice Award – David Roberts, The Alternative Board
- Young Chamber Award – Christleton High School