CORE VALUE - FAMILY
CORE VALUE - PRIDE
CORE VALUE - PASSION
CORE VALUE - HONESTY
CORE VALUE - INTEGRITY
To be the UK’s most trusted provider of engineering excellence
Totally integrated engineering services, delivered through a track record of proven customer service using technical intelligence coupled with practical experience. To innovate, create, deliver, and exceed expectations all the time, every time. To build a person-centred culture, driven by pride, passion, and performance.
DRB is dedicated to equality in employment opportunity and rewards, establishing a culture of inclusion and support, and a proud member of the Living Wage Foundation.
We are committed to the following:
- Creating and nurturing an environment of success based on honesty and integrity
- Equitable sharing in the success of the company
- Empowerment through training and communication
- Individual growth and equal opportunity
- Designing and providing a safe and secure work environment
DRB continuously reviews the training requirements of ALL personnel. The development of employees and the investment in training is paramount to the continued growth of the business and its commitment to quality.
Quality and Health & Safety is at the forefront of everything we do. The quality control systems that are embedded into our processes ensure full traceability from start to finish. We are accredited to ISO 9001:2015, and our personnel are trained in the most appropriate and current site health & safety schemes including:
Health & Safety Schemes
- Safe Contractor
- SCATS (Safety Passport)
- SPA food hygiene
- Confined Space
- Pruftechnik Laser Alignment
- AEMT – Repair and Overhaul Equipment used in Explosive Atmospheres
These are all recorded and monitored within a Business Matrix, and DRB are always looking at industry standards for any potential areas of improvement.
Most recent feedback from our employee survey –
“The direction of the management team is looking to progress the company in is very reassuring and this survey is a fantastic reflection of that”
“The top results revealed that our team feel they can approach management / team leaders, and believe DRB cares about them, their mental health and their wellbeing.”
- 2020 Manufacturing Matters – MAKE UK runner-up
- 2020 Apprentice Endeavor Award Winner – MAKE UK National Apprentice Awards
- 2018 Flintshire Business Awards – Winner of the Most Socially Responsible Business Award
- 2018 Business of the Year Awards – West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce Award
- 2016 Presented by the High Sheriff of Clwyd in celebration of the DRB Apprenticeship Scheme
DRB invests in the training of apprentices and has implemented an advanced apprenticeship training program with local Further Education Colleges and Universities, such as Coleg Cambria, Wrexham University and Swansea University. We are committed to an annual intake of apprentices in a number of varied disciplines. These include mechanical engineering, technical & commercial, and pneumatics & hydraulics.
There have been several successful apprentices on our scheme over the last 25 years, including individuals winning awards for their hard work and dedication. They have all become a key part to our business growth at DRB.
- Percentage of Apprentices We Have 8% 8%
Our business is committed to supporting the communities within which we operate. We believe in the practice of social responsibility and encourage similar behaviour in our employees and suppliers.
Giving back is something DRB are passionate about, and as well as helping in a crisis (such as donating emergency PPE to local councils during the pandemic), we fundraise and work closely with the following charities:
- Long term partnership with Hope House
- Poppy appeal each year
- Annual Charity Fundraising Football Tournament
- Supporting local junior football teams
- Half marathon
- Welsh 3000 – the 15 mountains in Wales with a height over 3,000 feet
We feel we are making strides towards a more environmentally friendly business. We are aware changes need to be made, and we are therefore working towards the accreditation of ISO-14001 Environmental Management System Certification.
Supply Chain & Partnerships
Working alongside our suppliers and partners is critical to both of our long-term successes. Developing together greater ethical and environmental standards and sharing best practice collectively.
Suppliers are evaluated, verified, measured & controlled in accordance with DRB Group Vendor control procedures relating to the Quality Management Procedures of ISO9001-2015.
Download our brochure
See how DRB's technical intelligence and practical experience supports production, processing, and heavy industrial customers in the North West.